Healthy Breakfast: Sautéed Spinach & Mushroom with Fresh Guacamole
Another breakfast recipe to share! I have to say breakfast is probably my favourite meal of the day. If you eat right at the start of your day, chances are you’ll try and eat healthier for the remainder of the day. This is one of my go-to recipes for a healthy breakfast. Simple and DELICIOUS! Here’s how you make it:
Sautéed Spinach & Mushroom with Fresh Guacamole
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 organic free range egg
- S & P
- Alfalfa sprouts for garnish
1. Drizzle oil onto pan. Saute mushrooms until cooked and set to one side of the pan. Add spinach and saute until cooked. Mix mushrooms and spinach together (add S & P to taste). Remove from pan and place on eating plate.
2. Crack an egg and cook to your desired likeness (I love my eggs over easy!).
3. While egg is cooking, get a spoon and mash half the avocado until its all mashed up. Add salt and pepper. Add this fresh guacamole on top of the sauteed spinach and mushrooms.
4. Top it off with your egg and garnish with some alfalfa sprouts!
EAT and ENJOY.
Have a happy start to your week. Stay healthy, motivated and inspired. Huge hugs from this little chiubear! xo Jen