Summer is just around the corner and what better time to get fit and start eating healthy! Some of you have asked me what I normally have for breakfast and so here I’ll be showing you guys my go-to healthy green smoothie recipe. It’s delicious, nutritious and filled with awesome healthy ingredients.
Remember, there is no better wealth than health. The best kind of medicine is trying to teach people how not to need it. Have a lovely day! xo Jen
Happy Tuesday all! I hope all you guys are having a great start to the week so far. If you’re not, it’s ok. Don’t let one bad day ruin the rest of the week. It will pass and brighter days will come! So now onto business. For todays tip I wanted to share with you guys my 4 TIPS on how to get rid of puffy eyes. This is perfect timing because just yesterday my eyes looked so tired, dark and puffy and so I whipped up some stuff to help relieve that and now I’m back (without the puffy eyes!). If you’re like me and are prone to getting tired eyes (staring at the computer screen all day) then these tips will definitely help you! Here they are:
1. Cucumbers. This is nothing new but thinly sliced cucumbers put on top of your eyes are amazing to help reduce puffiness and tired, strained eyes. Cucumbers have powerful antioxidants and flavinoids that are help reduce irritation. They also need to be chilled to help work in part by the cooling effects of evaporation, and is best to apply for 4-5 minutes.
2. Arbonne Soothing Eye Gel. This is my #1 thing to grab when I have tired and puffy eyes. This amazing gel is perfect for the office because it’s just a roll on stick and the cooling sensation is heavenly if you have pain behind your eyes or just need some relaxing time.
3. Ice and Spoon. Place a cube of ice onto a spoon and let it chill. Now use the spoon and cover your eyes to help relax and cool the area. Perfect for a quick DIY tip!
4. Green Tea Bags. Chilled. After you’ve finished drinking your green tea. Place the tea bag aside and lave in the fridge for half an hour. Place the chilled green tea back directly on eye for 4-5 minutes. Green tea is great for the inside and out!
…and those are my tips on how to get rid of puffy and tired eyes. I hope you guys liked it and hopefully you found some tips here that you can share with anyone who might need this! xo Jen
Many of you know I strive to live a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly and eating nutritious meals. Another way to help you eating healthier is by snacking. Snacking is one of the most important parts of eating healthy because you should be eating every 2 – 3 hours to keep your metabolism roaring the entire day. By snacking on healthy things, your body doesn’t go into starvation mode. One of the best things I’ve come across is the Healthy Surprise snack boxes. This would be my second time reviewing these boxes and lets just say they are AMAZING. You’ll be glad to hear that these boxes are all vegan, organic, gluten free, wheat free, soy free, peanut free and all natural.
On a typical day, I’ll have a green shake in the morning, by around 11 am I’ll grab a delicious healthy snack from the Healthy Surprise box and munch on that until lunch. I’ll have some protein (fish) and veggies for lunch and around 3pm I’ll grab another snack. You don’t have to eat the entire thing, just snacking on a few pieces here and there. The same routine goes on for dinner, so now you have an idea of what I do with food on the regular day!
Watch this video to see my review and what delicious goodies come in these fantastic Healthy Surprise boxes:
If you want your very own Healthy Surprise box, use this promo code and save $10 OFF your first box!
You’ve been up all night tossing and turning. Sleep is just not your friend lately and you can’t seem to get in a good night’s rest. Don’t worry, in this video I share with you my TOP 5 TIPS on how to get to sleep faster! It can be frustrating and you may be bordering insanity when you can’t get to sleep. So hopefully these tips help you and you’ll start sleeping well tonight!
Another breakfast recipe to share! I have to say breakfast is probably my favourite meal of the day. If you eat right at the start of your day, chances are you’ll try and eat healthier for the remainder of the day. This is one of my go-to recipes for a healthy breakfast. Simple and DELICIOUS! Here’s how you make it:
Sautéed Spinach & Mushroom with Fresh Guacamole
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 organic free range egg
- S & P
- Alfalfa sprouts for garnish
1. Drizzle oil onto pan. Saute mushrooms until cooked and set to one side of the pan. Add spinach and saute until cooked. Mix mushrooms and spinach together (add S & P to taste). Remove from pan and place on eating plate.
2. Crack an egg and cook to your desired likeness (I love my eggs over easy!).
3. While egg is cooking, get a spoon and mash half the avocado until its all mashed up. Add salt and pepper. Add this fresh guacamole on top of the sauteed spinach and mushrooms.
4. Top it off with your egg and garnish with some alfalfa sprouts!
EAT and ENJOY.
Have a happy start to your week. Stay healthy, motivated and inspired. Huge hugs from this little chiubear! xo Jen